Outdoor: Alton Baker Park Cleanup and Restoration Day
Join Nearby Nature for this year's Day of Caring on Thursday, September 16 and help enhance the area around the Magic Forest and Wildflower Hollow in Alton Baker Park. This beautiful area sits adjacent to the Willamette River path and showcases native trees and wildflowers.
From 10 am to 1 pm on Sep. 16, volunteers will pick up litter, improve trails, and remove invasive plants.
Volunteers should meet at Nearby Nature, next to the yurt:
IN A CAR:
- Turn into the main Alton Baker Park entrance on Country Club Road. Follow the park road past the parking lots, past the Dead End sign, past the Cuthbert Amphitheater, and past the turn off for the Boat Ramp. The Park Host Residence, Learnscape, Yurt, and Water Wise Garden are on the right, immediately after the Community Gardens and before bollards close the road going further into the park. Park in the gravel lot by the Community Gardens.
ON A BIKE OR ON FOOT:
- From the South, cross the Frohnmayer Footbridge, go toward the Autzen Stadium on the bike path, and turn left at the closed road before the dog park. The Park Host Residence, Learnscape, Yurt, and Water Wise Garden are up the road just a short distance, on the left. You can lock your bike in our covered bike rack.
- From the east or west, follow the Willamette River bike path to the Frohnmayer Footbridge. Then follow directions for “from the south”.
- From the north: Enter the park at the main entrance on Country Club Road. Then follow directions for cars above.
Questions can be directed to the project organizer Wil Orr at 541-687-9699 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: