Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Participant Support (Seniors and Adults with Disabilities)
One of the best things that can happen to a person experiencing Dementia, Alzheimer's, or cognitive impairment is to feel accepted and appreciated and to stay engaged with others and experience joy and belonging. Volunteers at the Uhlhorn Day Center are a vital part of engaging program participants in conversation and activities. In as little as an hour a week you can experience the satisfaction of making a meaningful connection with a person who benefits from the warmth and caring you offer.
We have multiple Volunteer Opportunities available:
- Companionship Support - Engaging participants in conversation, activities, and games. Foster positive one on one interactions.
- Activity Facilitator - Assist or lead pre-planned group activities such as chair yoga, light stretching or balancing exercises or music making. Accompany residents and staff on outings in the community.
- Volunteer Coordinator - Assist with scheduling and coordination.
- Community Outreach - Assist with distribution of marketing materials and discussing the program with community organizations.
Volunteers are appreciated and celebrated for what they offer. Basic information about what is helpful in interactions with our participants is offered to every volunteer. If interested, volunteers may participate in additional training opportunities.
Volunteers need to be consistent, calm, and dependable. To become a volunteer, you need to do the following:
- Complete an application
- Be able to offer kind, compassionate support to people with cognitive disabilities and some physical limitations
- Be able to pass a DHS background check
- Be available for a minimum of 1-2 hours a week and commit to 3 months of volunteering
Please fill out our quick, mobile-friendly application online at sheltercare.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathew Loyd (firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-686-1262).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: