Elder Help Volunteers
Help a Senior in Your Community!
Elder Help Volunteers are needed to provide one or more of the following services for our community seniors who live in their own homes or apartments:
COMPANIONSHIP: Visit lonely homebound seniors and engage in activities with them which build a relationship; telephone them and keep in touch so that they feel less alone.
TRANSPORTATION/SHOPPING/ERRANDS: Transport the senior for essential errands like shopping for groceries, medical appointments etc.
CORRESPONDENCE/READING MAIL: Assist visually impaired seniors by reading mail to them and writing letters for them.
HOUSEHOLD TASKS: Help seniors by doing simple household tasks to maintain normal standards of health. Remember though that you are a volunteer and not a housekeeper.
• Good listening skills
• Ability to maintain a patient, non-judgmental attitude
• Interest in volunteering with seniors
• Able to set appropriate boundaries
• At least 18 years of age
• If transporting a senior, volunteer must have and maintain a valid Oregon Driver's license and insurance
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: